Friday, February 27, 2009

A Prick of Oil

Sean Avery is a loud mouth, disruptive tool. He's as self centered and as arrogant as a player can be. He may in fact have a mental problem. But he might be exactly what the Oilers need. According to TSN, Avery will be placed on re-entry waivers on Monday with being claimed by the New York Fonzerangers the likely scenario. I wonder how much Torterella is looking forward to coaching the "selfish ass", as he described him earlier in the year during his stint with TSN?
Unless some other team does Torts a favor and puts in a claim before the Rangers, he's going to find out.
After watching last nights game against Colombus though, maybe Tambelinni is thinking that a little Asshole is exactly what this team could use.
Outside all the other stuff, Avery is a useful player. He obviously didn't fit in with the Stars - what with those super small teeth and overpriced contract and such, but it's hard to deny his contributions to the Rangers. During his NY stint, their record was 50-20-10 with him in the lineup and 9-13-3 without him. Now of course not all of that is on Avery alone, but there had to be something to it right? A team getting Avery at half the cost and on a "good behavior" watch from the league, is likely getting a deal. I'm sure letting Dallas pay for a portion of a players salary is tempting to the Oilers brass as well.
I'm not saying the Oilers should claim him, but if there isn't a ton of research and discussion regarding this player between today and Monday, management is not doing their job. On a team in desperate need of a shakeup, is there any player available right now with a greater ability to shake?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello bros. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that particular make. The prices seeking the velcros are all over 220 pounds on every page. But finally I found this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good evening everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging for the sake of that meticulous brand. The prices as regards the boots were about 190 dollars on every page. But finally I base this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hello dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that meticulous model. The prices due to the fact that the shoes are approximately 320 dollars everwhere. But finally I found this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good evening friends. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging for the sake of that particular brand. The prices seeking the sneakers were around 250 dollars on every page. But definitively I base this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what can you say about it?