Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Resistence is Futile


I'm an avid reader of the Oilogosphere. I'm addicted and I admit it. The ideas and analysis and humor amongst the blogs and the comments are really second to none when it comes to entertaining reading for an Oilers fan. The one thing I'm bothered with though is the "groupthink" mentality of the originators of the sphere and their resistence to allowing the ideas of others take hold - to the point of it being comical. Now the boys don't like the groupthink lable at all....almost as much as Vic doesn't like "HF Clowns" with IQ's under 180 who have a hard time grasping the simplicity of Pearson's product moment coefficient - it's obvious no?

Anyways, I've been getting ready to move into a new (temporary) house while our new (permanent) house is under construction so I've been doing more reading than posting (read: Arguing about stupid shit on the internet) - but I read a gem of a post the other day, pretty much the culmination of a years worth of conversation, and it made me laugh. Actually it made me roll my eyes and shake my head. I didn't comment that day because I didn't want to be childish and petty - but after much soul searching I've realised I'm a pretty childish and petty person, so, It went something like this**:

HF Clown: We got Souray!

Sphere: Souray Sucks

Bruce: Actually, Souray is pretty reliable at what he does.

Dennis: Souray is a boat anchor.

Bruce: Souray has been playing really well this year - physical, putting up points, calmly breaking up plays.

Dennis: If we could get rid of him and pick up McLaren off waivers we'd be so much better.

HF Clown: Nobody wants McLaren - that's why he's on waivers.

Bruce: Another nice game from Souray tonight.

Dennis: Nobody in Edmonton ever watched Souray play while he was in Montreal - he's a third pairing guy and he sucks at that. I focused on him for years.

Bruce: Another nice game by Souray tonight.

LT: Souray is actually doing more than I thought he could.

Dennis: But he's an asshole - I've got a friend of a friends cousin that said so. He kicks puppies.

Vic: I don't know dennis, you're own data shows Souray to be playing pretty well - I'm impressed so far.

Dennis: Me too Vic - Souray's been playing great. And, he licks puppies.


**actual comments may vary - but you get my drift.

8 comments:

Bruce said...

:-D

Oilman said...

You have any recollection of this Bruce?:o)

Bruce said...

Yes. Not word for word, but the about-face was about as sudden as you describe. It didn't last, though; Sheldon-bashing seems to be habit-forming.

slipper said...

This blog is awesome. Guys on the internet gossiping about guys elsewhere on the internet.

Oilman! You're like the perez hilton of the Oilogosphere.

Congratulations.

Oilman said...

This blog is awesome

Thanks man....mind if I use this on my title page?

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hi All!

i've been trying to figure out a good place to begin the acai free trial an was wondering if anyone had some thoughts on whether or not it works for weight loss? So far here's the one [url=http://acaiberries.zoomblog.com/]article[/url] I've been able to come across that seemed realistic for the goals I have. Thoughts?

ام حسن said...


صور حب روعة صور حب للعشاق
صور حرف N , خلفيات حرف ان بالانجليزي رومانسية 2014 , تصميم حرف n 2015
صورحرف s 2014 , خلفيات حرف s للعشاق 2014 , تصاميم حرف s حب وغرام 2014
احلا واجمل صور اسماء بنات 2014 اجمل صور اسماء بنات 2014
اسماء ذكور اسلامية 2014, معاني اسماء مواليد اولاد اسلامية جديدة ومعانيها 2015
اجمل اسامي بنات 2014,اسامي بنات روعة 2014 اسامي بنات جديدة
لعبة حرب الملوك الاسطورية
لعبة ضوء القمر سوناتا ومهمة القضاء على الذئاب المتوحشة في الغابة المخيفة
لعبة الحرب العالمية للجنود المحاربين في أراضي المعارك الطاحنة
لعبة القتال المستمر والصراع الأسطوري مع نمور الإرهاب والقضاء عليهم بالأسلحة القوية
لعبة القضاء علي افراد العصبات المتشردين داخل القاعدة
لعبة حرب القاعدة النارية للكبار